Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Poetry

SWEET COCONUT WATER… A simple love song

PART I

When two youngsters find sweet water

In an ‘akokooshie’, they share it

Pull off its rough hair to rid it

Of its fibre;

An icky cocoon

So thick and well woven,

As from threads in a Kente loom

Sheltering the real nut, and saccharine contents therein,

Quantified when shaken.

Swift strikes crack

But the hard shell is broken

With a patient rock…

Rough fibres uncover

A hard shell. A hard shell uncovers

The sweet coconut water.

PART II

When I find my Ga girl

With thick lips and firm breasts

And a soft heart to caress

My unquenchable thirst for her, we shall share

Love as pure as the inner linings

Of a coconut

Melting motives and means

Of devious descent as hot,

Scorching sun would their glacier.

Feel my arms in and around which my veins crawl

How strong they are

Let them grab your heart and carry your water- pot…

Difficulties would uncover

Obstacles. And obstacles would uncover

Adoley, my sweet coconut water.

No comments:

Post a Comment